A vacancy has arisen in our Client Consulting Group to provide pre and post-sales support to clients.
Candidates will be a member of the operation team. The team is responsible for correct file/ data delivery to clients, including trouble shooting and maintenance/ development of our application/process
The data the team handles mainly consists of EOD (end of day) or similar valuation price data (equities and bonds) from approximately 100 markets around the world. On a lesser scale we also deliver reference data and corporate actions data to clients in Japan.
Candidates work under time pressure and needs to be able to grasp a complex array of interdependent applications and processes, especially in the event of trouble like data outage. This requires the ability to stay focused and complete one operational task after another. Candidates need to be able to communicate with other team members timely and precisely in order to make the data delivery to clients reliable and do efficient trouble shooting. A strong sense of responsibility is necessary. The candidate must prove that he/she enjoys working under this type of environment. The company assists the employee to develop his/her knowledge in financial information systems
Reporting to business development manager, the principal activities include:
- Responsible for client-side applications and systems for clients in Japan
- Maintain/ improve applications/ products (i.e. version upgrades, quality checks, and tests)
- Be customer contact for technical issues (i.e. participation in customer meetings, preparation of problem reports) and general operational handling
- Propose and implement workflow improvements (incl. Scripting)
- Be involved in new ways of delivering data to clients (with Business Development, Sales)
- Shift work: Saturday and public holiday by rotation. This shift work is for 6 hours, by remote access from home, which is compensated by makeup holiday or holiday allowance.
- Although the emphasis of the role will focus on the management of our products in Japan, the role also involves:
- Be involved in and contribute to the several international activities to find the best solution for the clients, especially as a member of APAC region, collaborate with Singapore branch.
Candidates should have a background in the use and/or support of data services into financial institutions, ideally into a reference data environment either through a similar role elsewhere or by working at a client.
The following qualities and experience are highly desirable:
- Over 3 years in field engineer or related position
- System operations of Operating Systems and Databases, and basic Network skills. Experience of Windows Server and Linux/Unix environment.
- Excellent Japanese and English written and spoken.
- Experience having worked in a European or American organisation within a matrix environment.
- Good presentation, documentation and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with prospects, clients and internal stakeholders.
- A solid understanding of Sales and Project Management lifecycles. They should be a motivated self-starter who can work with the minimum of supervision, driving his or her own activities based on the goals and targets they have been set, and involving other resources in the team when required.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to learn about, and maintain, their knowledge of the details of the market, including regulation, competitive positioning, technical issues around data delivery and current ‘hot topics’ in the industry.
- Degree-level education and/or relevant experience.
The package will be based on experience and background and will include a basic salary, bonus scheme and other benefits.