We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so generous, apply now for the position of
Head Delivery Transformations
As part of the IT organization serving the Financial Information business unit, we are continuously improving our customers' experience. We are looking for someone to lead one of our software engineering teams, consisting of two scrum teams and several other staff, responsible for the development and technical operation of the new strategic client delivery platform.
The applications in scope extract data from the central data factory, organize it into packages according to the product catalogue and deliver them to customers according to their respective needs. They include customer-facing, self-service web UIs for data exploration, display and search, and for data delivery scheduling, in addition to the highly scalable internal data management and delivery functions.
You will manage and inspire the teams to deliver their full potential, filling any gaps and removing any blockers to ensure this key business project and the long-term future of the service are successful.
The teams are successfully applying agile methodology (SAFe, Scrum) and DevOps principles in an autonomous fashion. With a high level of technical maturity and high expectations of the quality of our product, we develop not only new business functionality but also a completely new data delivery platform using up-to-date technology such as Java, Docker/OpenShift, React + Node, SQL + bitemporal databases, ElasticSearch and more.
The multinational teams are split between Biel and Zurich. The role holder will need to be present ca. 50% in each location.
- Manage the staff in your area to ensure they are fully motivated, goals are clear, and any issues are resolved
- Ensure delivery velocity, collaboration and quality are optimal, removing any blockers or bottlenecks preventing the team achieving this
- Work closely with the scrum masters and overall project to oversee and enable the self-organising nature of our agile processes, keeping delivery, quality and technical excellence as the foundation
- Take ownership of applications and services, ensuring they are developed and operated to plan and in line with SIX principles
- Mentor team members in non-technical skills such as leadership, decision making, prioritisation and risk analysis
- Line management responsibilities such as budget, training requirements, recruitment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of team leadership in a software development area
- Technical skills in Java, data management, client-facing web UI, CI/CD and containerisation
- Business skills in project management, financial information / banking
- Ability to manage and inspire a team so they stay motivated, aligned with stakeholders and deliver to their full potential
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Personal drive to deliver top quality, supportable and profitable services to our customers
- Good written and oral communication skills in English at a business level (German and/or French are nice to have)
What We Offer
Flexible Work Models
We trust our employees – that’s why you can arrange your work-from-home and in-office times with the team flexibly.
Personal Development Programs
You can periodically attend training sessions, in-house classes, SIX Academy seminars, and mentoring or coaching sessions.
Exciting Opportunities in Open and Agile Teams
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking forward to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
You Want to Know More?
We will tell you personally how we combine our best sides and what that means for your future at SIX.