We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so impactful, apply now for the position of
Java Software Engineer / DevOps
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and fast-learning software engineer to join our friendly and international DevOps team. We have end-to-end responsibility for the CO:RE Repo Trading Platform and the Swiss Derivatives Trade Repository.
These systems are used by all major participants in the Swiss Financial Market, including the Swiss National Bank (SNB). Stability and reliability are critical requirements for our systems.
- Work closely with other members of our DevOps team and our business partners to solve challenging problems quickly
- Manage the full life-cycle of our platforms, including analysis, design, implementation of solutions, testing, documentation, deployment and support
- Provide 24/7 on-call support for our systems on a weekly rotation (approximately one week in six)
- Focus on the security, stability and reliability of our platforms
- Proven interest and experience in the banking and finance sector
- 5+ years experience developing robust and reliable applications in Java/JEE
- Excellent database and SQL / data analysis skills (Oracle or MS-SQL preferred)
- Fluent in spoken and written English, a good knowledge of German is an asset
What We Offer
Flexible Work Models
We trust our employees – that’s why you can arrange your work-from-home and in-office times with the team flexibly.
Personal Development Programs
You can periodically attend training sessions, in-house classes, SIX Academy seminars, and mentoring or coaching sessions.
Agile Working Methods
Whether through scrum or design thinking, we solve exciting tasks together in teams.
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking forward to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
You Want to Know More?
We will tell you personally how we combine our best sides and what that means for your future at SIX.