We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so impactful, apply now for the position of
Banking Services is central with its responsibility to orchestrate the Swiss payments. We provide the infrastructure for interbank payments as well as the coordination of card-based and mobile transactions. With our four ecosystems – Billing & Payments, Cards, Cash and Connectivity - we address most of the needs of financial institutions, software firms, companies and, increasingly, the Swiss population too.
Our culture is based on four main pillars such as trust, collaboration, ownership and customer focus. We take a pride in shaping the future of Swiss payments and we are looking for a proactive Data Engineer (80%-100%).
In this role you will be part of our Data Science team, which is embedded in the Banking Services business unit. The Data Science team is a growing team and operates in close collaboration with our business stakeholders from the different ecosystems as well as our IT and Innovation units. In this position, you will ensure that our business and data scientists have seamless access to the required data.
About The Role:
In this position you will take a key technical role in the design and built of data management systems and data pipelines related to the SIX wide Data Science Platform. You will work closely with our IT team members to bring our platform to the next level and address ever-increasing challenges around data volumes, complexity and regulatory requirements in the context of our cloud implementation.
You will engage with data scientist and business representatives as a subject matter expert on how to store and integrate data in our tools and models.
- Design, build, test and maintain architectures. Ensure architectures will support the requirements of business and various data protection regulations.
- Orchestrate, monitor and maintain fully automated data pipelines for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of sources
- Implement data models, join data sources and ensure data quality. Use technology standards (e.g. Python, PySpark code) to transform data or to marry different systems
- Ensure data is loaded and is available as required to support the implementation of analytics use cases
- Recommend ways to improve data integrity, quality, reliability and efficiency of data services
- Profound knowledge and experience with relational and non -relational database systems
- Practical expertise in SQL and other Database Solutions and database design
- Advanced experience in design and build of data pipelines
- A good understanding and familiarity with frameworks such as Apache Spark, classic MapReduce and Hadoop, etc. is required
- Demonstrated capabilities in cloud implementations, with focus among others on high availability, performance and security requirements
- Sound knowhow about computer networking is an advantage
- Knowhow and experience in Python and data privacy engineering are a plus
What We Offer
Flexible Work Models
We trust our employees – that’s why you can arrange your work-from-home and in-office times with the team flexibly.
Personal Development Programs
You can periodically attend training sessions, in-house classes, SIX Academy seminars, and mentoring or coaching sessions.
Agile Working Methods
Whether through scrum or design thinking, we solve exciting tasks together in teams.
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking forward to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
You Want to Know More?
We will tell you personally how we combine our best sides and what that means for your future at SIX.