We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so impactful, apply now for the position of
Senior Backup Engineer
Do you want to work in an agile, self-organized environment where passion, trust and innovation are paramount? We are looking for an experienced backup engineer to help us moving forward. You will be working in a diverse environment in close cooperation with various business units.
You are highly motivated to bring in your qualities and you are passionate about working in technology and with people. You shape this new multicultural and diversity team as an integral part, and you are ready to tackle the challenges of professional services in the Swiss Financial Industry. SIX is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a high-reaching advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
- as a Backup Engineer with your strong customer focus and technical skills, you build and challenge backup service solutions
- you will provide a managed Backup Services with your strong "automate everything" mindset
- you ensure technical integration of surrounding systems and drive technical ideas and initiatives forward so that our cross functional teams can effectively and efficiently consume backup as a service
- with your analytical thinking and your ability to grasp issues fast, you are constantly working your way into new topics
- as part of a cross functional team, you will be end-to-end involved from design to implementation and operation
- committed and able to work independently as well as a communicative and positive-thinking team player coupled with eagerness to learn and share his/her knowledge
- you are having a knowledge of Agile process and principles and several years of experience in the field of backup (on-site and public cloud) which meets the highest requirements for availability, performance and security
- in-depth knowledge and experience with at least one backup solution (preferred NetBackup, Veeam, Rubrik, Data Domain etc.) as well as experience with Webservices, API, REST
- willingness to be on an on call rotation (remotely)
- excellent communication and presentation skills both in English and German (verbal and written)
What We Offer
Flexible Work Models
We trust our employees – that’s why you can arrange your work-from-home and in-office times with the team flexibly.
Personal Development Programs
You can periodically attend training sessions, in-house classes, SIX Academy seminars, and mentoring or coaching sessions.
Agile Working Methods
Whether through scrum or design thinking, we solve exciting tasks together in teams.
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking forward to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
You Want to Know More?
We will tell you personally how we combine our best sides and what that means for your future at SIX.