As member of the Business Analysis department within the Strategic Transformation organization, you will gather, analyse and document requirements to ensure the needs of the global stakeholders are met within project parameters. You are also responsible to review related project deliverables and work closely with different stakeholders from across the Business and IT. Your primary focus will be new and existing data feeds from across the financial markets, in line with our global data sourcing strategy and the needs of our global customer base.
Reporting to Head of Data Operations based in the UK, the principal activities include:
- Identify business needs, analyze and conceptualize them, in order to allow better informed business decisions and to provide strong guidance for software development
- Support the correct and consistent integration of financial data from multiple sources into our feed and display products; including real-time, intraday and end of day delivery of Market and Reference Data
- Analyse the impact of required changes for our central host database as well as for client products and define the necessary adjustments for respective data structures and rule sets in order to meet client needs
- Align with different stakeholders and act as conduit between the Business and the software development team
- Execute user acceptance testing as well as the preparation of client information on changes
- Assist project management during project planning and delivery phase
Candidates should have a background in the use and/or support of data services into financial institutions, ideally into a reference data environment either through a similar role elsewhere or by working at a client.
The following qualities and experience are highly desirable:
- Bachelor’s or higher education degree in Finance, Economics or Computer Science
- At least 2 years of working experience in Financial Services and as a Business Analyst, and a robust knowledge of financial markets and securities instruments
- Sound knowledge and experience with business analysis tools (e.g. uses case model), as well as with requirements modelling techniques (e.g. UML)
- Knowledge of object-oriented or other programing language is no must, but a great plus
- Experience with agile development projects
- Analytical, technical, problem solving and communication skills are a key strength
- Proactive, solution oriented, self-motivated, flexible
- Team player who has a strong ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
The package will be based on experience and background and will include a basic salary, bonus scheme and other benefits.