A vacancy has arisen for Head Equity Product Management based in London, with reporting line responsibility. The role reports to Head of Product Management in Switzerland. Key tasks are as follows:
- Responsible for the Equity Product Strategy ensuring that the strategy reflects the business development needs of the Exchange and its customers. Ensure high visibility and buy-in for the strategy within the Exchange.
- Initiate product developments in line with the Product Strategy and on a tactical basis as opportunities arise. Capture detailed customer needs leveraging client-facing staff as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain close relations with clients and stakeholders both externally (peers, competitors, providers, influencers) and internally (Management Team, Account Management, Business Development, Operations and Project Managers).
- Actively contribute to Equity development projects ensuring that customer needs are represented and that business cases remain valid.
- Support the sales effort for new and existing products leveraging other client facing staff e.g. Account Managers, as appropriate.
- Actively monitor the Exchange’s market share and the competitive landscape in which the Exchange operates. Propose measures to defend market share and revenues where required.
- Promote the Exchange and the Equity Product specifically, through representation at industry events e.g. conferences, trade publications, Exchange’s website, direct customer communications etc.
- Act as a knowledge center for equity trading (lit & dark). Main focus on Swiss Blue Chip equities but also on mid & -small caps and international equities.
- Line manager of the Equity Product Team.
Candidates shall have:
- Likely to be degree educated and have 10+ years of experience in capital markets.
- Good knowledge of European equity market structure and the main “actors” within the equity trading landscape.
- Strong written and verbal communicator. Ability to communicate proposals through presentation techniques is essential.
- Project management skills, used to working in a structured manner.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in the area of data analysis.
- Manager with the ability to set clear priorities.
- Delivers high quality work consistently.
- Languages: excellent written and verbal English essential. German or other European languages useful but not essential.
- Ability to undertake frequent travel, primarily in Europe.
- Articulate, presentable and of a positive disposition
SIX Financial Information UK Ltd