Consider an Investment Manager role at SIX FinTech Venture Fund as one of the driving forces and the role model behind the fund. You'll get a ridiculous amount of independence, combined with the ability to coach our team as well as collaborate with the amazing founders of portfolio companies. You'll be leading all aspects of an investment from sourcing, screening and evaluating, winning and making a deal to manage our portfolio companies.
As part of the investment team you'll help us make sure that we see all relevant deals by proactively finding startups, taking care of incoming leads, building great relationships with various stakeholders in the ecosystem and helping maintain and develop our global brand, reputation and network. Through qualitatively and quantitatively assessment you evaluate the potential transactions, including performing detailed sector and company research and analysis. You prepare investment proposals and perform due diligence. You will develop appropriate deal structures in close liaison with legal team and prepare and coordinate the execution of agreements, offer letters, purchase agreements, and other legal and transaction documentation.
Post investment you will monitor and work with the startup through board observer/member roles and corporate governance. Keep up-to-date on portfolio performance and address any specific requests for action or approval and carry out portfolio company analysis. Prepare materials for the investment committee and other internal meetings. Interact with external consultants and advisers as required. Prepare investment information for investment committee meeting and reporting.
The role is based in Zurich, but expect some traveling.
You have a huge passion for startups and technology, an entrepreneurial mindset and an insatiable desire to learn. We're all bullish about ML and AI, but until machines will take over our jobs we want to add some super strong non-artificial AI to our team.
- You have at least several years of experience in the tech or banking industry, be it as a startup employee/founder, management consultant, professional or VC. If you're coming from an investment bank, we'll still consider you if you are a nice person otherwise. ;-) Transactional experience is a plus.
- You have a strong business modelling and analytical abilities as well as a can-do mentality.
- You are results driven, ambitious, and highly motivated.
- You have excellent negotiation skills and you love to work with our Investment Committee to convince them making good deals!
- You're great at self-organization and task prioritization. You can work autonomously, but you're also a great team player.
- You're fluent in German and English.
- You can communicate efficiently and effectively. Extra points if you're a good writer.
- You're knowledgeable and passionate about a topic like FinTech, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, machine learning or some other hot sh*t, and you aspire to become a renowned expert in your field.
If you're interested we'd like to ask you to send us:
- your CV and any other information you think might be helpful;
- the URLs or usernames of your professional online presences (LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora,...) as applicable;
- your thoughts about three out of the following questions:
•What do you think is the biggest roadblock for a investor to receive high quality deal flow?
•Do you know a startup that you think we should invest in?
If you have any questions, please call Malene Baadsgaard Mikkelsen +41 58 399 2991.
We only accept online direct applications.