We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so generous, apply now for the position of
Software Development Engineer in Test
As part of the IT organization serving the Financial Information business unit, we are continuously improving our customers' experience. To achieve this, we need more people with extensive expertise on modern continuous testing approach.<br/>You will work at the heart of our strategic initiatives to deliver innovative financial data products. You will, in close collaboration with the strategic program teams, take a leading role in all activities related to testing. You will ensure the right things are tested the right way, at the right time along the complete delivery chain. The focus will be put on guaranteeing the level of quality delivered matches with market expectation.
- Lead end-to-end testing initiatives throughout the entire SDLC from test planning, test design, test execution, and test reporting. This includes performance testing, stress testing, front end, back end testing, automation testing, includes functional, regression, UAT, black box, white box...
- Participate in design and architectural discussions with a focus on testability of the system built
- Ensure completeness of the test coverage according to the business objectives
- Perform root cause analysis on issues across distributed systems and teams and provide actionable intelligence to understand, resolve and prevent reoccurrences
- 5+ years of experience in agile software development with a strong focus on testing in a software delivery organization. Experience with the SAFe framework is a plus
- A deep understanding of the different types software tests performed throughout the entire SDLC including unit, system, contract, UAT, regression, performance and exploratory
- Experience with developing testing tools in different languages for various domains including, service virtualization, logging, performance monitoring, reporting and anomaly detection.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with internal and external teams, customers, stakeholders and users. Should be skilled in providing concise, factual and persuasive details when required
- Very strong knowledge in testing different web protocols and services including TCP, HTTP, REST, GraphQL, ProtoBuffs, Kafka and MQ
- Profound know-how in cloud based CI/CD solutions. OpenShift and Azure experience is a plus
- Fluent in English at a business level, German and French are a plus
What We Offer
Flexible Work Models
We trust our employees – that’s why you can arrange your work-from-home and in-office times with the team flexibly.
Personal Development Programs
You can periodically attend training sessions, in-house classes, SIX Academy seminars, and mentoring or coaching sessions.
Exciting Opportunities in Open and Agile Teams
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking forward to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
You Want to Know More?
We will tell you personally how we combine our best sides and what that means for your future at SIX.