We drive the transformation of the financial markets. That’s why we invest in bright minds, in their ideas, knowledge and development. We do that by combining our best sides.
If you would like to find out why stability makes us so agile, why experience makes us so curious and why empathy makes us so generous, apply now for the position of
Internship Big Data
Data Engineering team provides end to end reporting capabilities for the SIX Swiss Exchange and its stakeholders (among others Market Participants, FINMA, SNB, Market Surveillance). Large data volume (hundreds of millions data points per day) requires robust and modern technical solutions whereas a central position in the financial system of Switzerland demands high stability and availability.For such exciting and demanding environment we are looking for an interested talent that would like to get experience in the Big Data systems for financial service industry as well as to leave his or her personal impact and fingerprint within the Data Engineering team.
- Contribution to the further development of our Big Data infrastructure for the Swiss Exchange
- Exploring new Big Data/Machine learning solutions that can be offered to our stakeholders
- Implementing new data pipelines and loading external data to the cluster
- Optimizing current Data Engineering processes
- Enabling users outside Data Engineering team to work with the cluster
- Bachelor in Data Science or a similar field
- At least one of the following languages: Scala, R, Python
- Knowledge of databases, data modeling and SQL (Big Data experience would be a plus)
- Web technologies experience would be a plus
- Interest in business intelligence, data warehouses and machine learning
- Basic understanding of capital and financial markets
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and German
What We Offer
Flexible Work Models
We trust our employees – that’s why you can arrange your work-from-home and in-office times with the team flexibly.
Personal Development Programs
You can periodically attend training sessions, in-house classes, SIX Academy seminars, and mentoring or coaching sessions.
Exciting Opportunities in Open and Agile Teams
We only accept online direct applications.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking forward to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.
You Want to Know More?
We will tell you personally how we combine our best sides and what that means for your future at SIX.