- SIX has decided to extend the acceptance period of the tender offer for BME to ensure all shareholders have the time and means to make a decision on the acceptance of the Offer
- SIX will pay EUR 32.98 per share after adjusting the offer price by the gross amount of an additional dividend of EUR 0.42 per share that BME will distribute on 8th May 2020, as announced in the Offer prospectus
- SIX’s initial Offer price was EUR 34 per share. BME shareholders have received since the launch of the Offer an amount of EUR 1.02 in dividends, distributed by BME in December 2019 and April 2020
Zurich and Madrid, 7 May 2020
SIX Group AG (“SIX”), the Swiss financial markets infrastructure operator, announced today that it has extended the acceptance period of its all-cash voluntary tender offer for 100% of the share capital of Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (“BME”), operator of the Spanish stock exchanges and cornerstone of Spain’s capital markets, from 11th May to 5th June. Amidst a nationwide lockdown in Spain, SIX has made this decision to ensure all shareholders have the time and means to decide on the acceptance of the Offer. The company is aware of the exceptional circumstances Spain is going through given the lockdown restrictions generated by the Covid-19 outbreak.
During the extended acceptance period, shareholders may tender their shares to receive EUR 32.98 per BME share, all in cash. As announced in the Offer prospectus, the initial Offer price was EUR 34 per share but was adjusted first by the gross amount of the dividend of EUR 0.60 per share paid by BME on 30th December 2019, and second, by the gross amount of an additional dividend of EUR 0.42 per share that BME will distribute on 8th May 2020, as approved by BME’s Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting on 29th April 2020. Thus, BME shareholders have received since the launch of SIX’s offer an amount of EUR 1.02 in dividends. SIX believes that the proposed transaction represents an attractive financial proposition for the current shareholders of BME and encourages them to tender their shares in the voluntary tender offer.
For further information on the Offer, please refer to the prospectus of the Offer and its ancillary documentation as authorised by the CNMV, which has been available to the public in electronic format from the day following the publication of the first announcement described in Article 22.1 of Royal Decree 1066/2007 at the websites of CNMV (www.cnmv.es), the Governing Companies of the Stock Exchanges of Madrid (www.bolsamadrid.es), Barcelona (www.borsabcn.es), Valencia (www.bolsavalencia.es) and Bilbao (www.bolsabilbao.es), SIX Group AG (www.six-group.com), and BME (www.bolsasymercados.es).
For media enquiries, please contact:
- SIX: Jürg Schneider, Head Media Relations: +41 583992227 email@example.com
- UK: Brunswick Group: Gill Ackers, Stuart Donnelly: +44 207 404 5959 firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Spain: Estudio de Comunicación: Aída Prados: +34 91 576 5250; firstname.lastname@example.org; o Cecilia Díaz: +34 91 576 5250; email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact Jürg Schneider.