Urgent Need for Better Quality Data to Automate Corporate Actions
Corporate actions processing is a critical function that capital markets firms need to get right, and that—as this global survey and whitepaper illustrates—remains manually intensive for firms whose data quality and processing capabilities are suboptimal. Conversely, for firms that have invested the time and money to optimize their various corporate actions processing functions, the benefits are significant, given that accurate and efficiently processed corporate messages feed a number of downstream business processes.
This white paper follows on the heels of last year’s SIX corporate actions survey and white paper, 'Corporate Actions Processing – The Iterative Revolution Already Underway', and confirms a number of its key findings, while introducing a number of new themes.
This white paper covers the following issues:
- The challenges around proprietary and legacy technologies and data quality issues
- The large numbers of corporate actions messages still processed manually by a significant proportion of the industry
- The business drivers cited by respondents for improving their corporate actions STP (automation) rates
- The enabling role played by standards when it comes to improving corporate actions STP rates
- The asset classes and geographical locations where market participants are seeking additional information for their corporate actions messages