Recommended Authentication Methods
Access to the application takes place via a web browser and is secured by a certificate or SwissID issued by third-party providers.
The two following authentication methods are recommended:
The operator can register for SwissID free of charge here: www.swissid.ch:
- Create an account on www.swissid.ch
- Download the SwissID app
- Perform an online identity check with the SwissID app. Note: Verification by passport for international web users
The two following authentication certificates from the company QuoVadis are recommended:
- Advanced Personal Certificate
Please select Quo Vadis Advanced Premium Certificate on UBS-Token (Hardware) in the order form.
Note: “Advanced Commercial Certificate” is not accepted.
- QuoVadis Signing Service
Please select QuoVadis Signing Service AC or QuoVadis Signing Service Premium in the order form.
Note: “QuoVadis Signing Service Standard*” is not accepted
Please note that, in order to use this, an identification checkpoint must be found in Switzerland, where the user must personally identify herself/himself.
According to the manufacturer, identification checkpoints are:
- Post offices of the Swiss Post (yellow identification)
- Through QuoVadis authorized persons
- Municipal and city administrations
- Notary publics in Switzerland
- SBB Change/Western Union counters (SBB customer identification).
Due to legal requirements, the following means of identification are exclusively accepted:
- For Swiss, German, French or Italian citizens: a valid passport/personal ID or valid ID card (with details about the person and validity, including signature)
- For all other persons: valid passport (with details about the person and validity, including signature).